I just recently got into quinoa and I love it. It tastes like a grain, similar to cous cous, but quinoa is actually a relative of leafy green vegetables like spinach and Swiss chard. . You can substitute it for any starchy side dish, but unlike wheat or rice, quinoa contains a balanced set of essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source. This recipe makes a huge portion, which gives you a healthy, protein-rich snack or meal whenever you want it for 1-2 weeks.
I box guinoa
I pepper, color of your choice (i.e. Red, yellow)
3 celery stalks
I can of red kidney beans
I can of canellini beans
Fresh feta cheese
Olive oil or Pam spray
Salt and paper
1. Start making the quinoa on the oven, as directed on the box.
2. Chop/slice the pepper, onion, and celery to sizes of your liking (I quartered the onion and pepper and then sliced them. I cut my celery into thin slices). Sautee the 3 veggie ingredients on the stove with the olive oil or pam spray until the onions start to show brown marks (approx. 10 minutes). Season with salt and pepper during the process.
3. Finish cooking the quinoa. Add the quinoa and veggies. Drain the cans of beans and add beans to the mixture. Mix well.
4. Add hot sauce, salt, and pepper to your liking.
5. I serve with fresh feta cheese on top. You can also use this salad as a base for dinner with a grilled chicken breast, pork chop, etc.