After our delicious picnic in the park, I had lots of delicious ingredients to make gourmet pizzas. Using our ingredients, I easily came up with two recipes. One pizza using pesto topped with parma prosciutto, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarela (a recipe I blogged in the past plus tomatoes). But the new and exciting pizza used the rest of our ingredients, including the delicious artichoke garlic cream sauce that I dedicated my last post to. We also taste tested pillsbury pizza dough versus regular pizza crust and the pillsbury won. It was buttery and crispy, almost pastry-like.
If you want to try a unique and very tasty pizza recipe, try this!
Pillsbury pizza crust (one container if you have 2 people and don’t want leftovers, 2 if you have any more people or want leftovers)
Crimini mushrooms, approximately 10, sliced
Crushed red pepper to season
1. Spray cookie sheet with Pam and roll out pizza dough. Preheat oven based on crust directions.
2. Spread generously with artichoke cream, leaving a little bit of crust uncovered at the perimeter.
3. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Place mushrooms in pan and sautee mushrooms, adding another tbsp of butter until soft, 5-7 minutes.
3. Slice and layer onto the pizza the sliced fontina, salame, and mushrooms to your liking.
4. Bake according to crust package.
5. Take out, sprinkle with crushed red pepper for a lil spice. Let pizza cool for a few minutes, cut with pizza dough roller and serve.
A Unique and flavorful take on gourmet home pizza!